Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Getting access to talking books
If you have reading difficulties due to a disability you have the right to get your course literature adapted, normally as talking books.
Download talking books in Legimus
Swedish Agency for Accessible Media (MTM) is responsible for the production and distribution of talking books, and makes more than 100 000 talking books available in the database Legimus. In Legimus you can find books, reports and articles.
- You need an account to download talking books in Legimus. You can get the account at your subject library.
- You can download or stream the books.
- You can listen to the books in your computer, in your phone or in your tablet.
- You can get support in your subject library.
Borrow printed course books
- You have the right to extended lending period for course literature, instead of two weeks you can keep your books for four weeks. Contact your subject library to get extended lending periods.
Production of new talking books
Production of course literature as talking books
- If your course literature is not already available in Legimus your library can request a production of a talking book.
- You need to have an account in Legimus.
- It takes about 8 weeks to produce a talking book. Therefore it is importan tthat you contact your library as soon as you know the literature that will be used in the next course.
Search and download
In Legimus you can search and download talking books. contact your library to get an account. Legimus is however only available in Swedish.