PsycBOOKS is a fulltext database that includes ca 4,200 scholarly books and 60,545 chapters, coverage dates from 1620 to present day. The database is updated monthly. Content coverage includes:
As of January 2013 access to PsycBOOKS have moved to the EBSCOhost platform. This also applies to PsycINFO, PsycARTICLES, PsycEXTRA and PsycTESTS.
Please note that PsycCRITIQUES has been discontinued by APA as of December 31, 2017.
Only these titles remain on the APA PsycNET platform:
* The PsycTHERAPY database - this database consists of streamed media (videos) that are only intended for educational and training purposes. Before you can access the database you must read and accept the disclaimer. You will need Adobe Flash Player 9 or higher to be able to watch the videos. Please remember that the programs are copyrighted and may not be copied, reproduced, or disseminated without written permission of the Publisher.
These five titles have access on both PsycNET and PsycBOOKS (EBSCOhost):
* APA Addiction Syndrome Handbook. Shaffer, Howard. (2012) - 2 volumes
* APA Handbook of Behavior Analvsis. Madden, Gregory J. (2013) - 2 volumes
* APA Handbook of Ethics in Psychology. Knapp, Samuel J. (2012) - 2 volumes
* APA Handbook of lndustrial and Organzational Psychology. Zedeck, Sheldon (Ed.), (2011) - 3 volumes
* APA Handbook of Testing and Assessment in Psychology. Geisinger, Kurt F (2013) - 3 volumes
|Publisher/Provider||American Psychological Association, APA and EBSCO Publishing|
|Subjects included||Psychology, Social Sciences|
|Type of resource||A database where the content consists of ebooks|
|Accessibility||Via IP address|
|Login authentication required||No, not on LU-campus. If you are off-campus you will be prompted to login via LU's Central Authentication Service (CAS) with a Student Account or LUCAT-ID.|
|Number of concurrent users||Multiple concurrent access (multiple people reading at the same time)|
|Must be borrowed||No|
|Number of days for download||- -|
|Download and read offline||Yes. If you are not on your own computer you can send the PDF to your e-mail (see Tools in the right-hand menu) and read it later. If you open PsycBOOKS on your computer/device you can download the PDF directly via the ‘Download PDF’ option in the blue bar at the top of the service.|
|Download to a portable device||Yes, if the device supports PDF format and Adobe Acrobat Reader.|
|Copying||You may electronically download and save a single copy of an individual chapter, an article or other single item of an ebook, for personal use for scholarly purposes, research and educational use. You are not allowed to download and save a whole ebook.|
|Printing||You may print a single copy of an individual chapter, an article or other single item of an ebook for personal use for scholarly purposes, research and educational use. You are not allowed to print out a whole ebook.|
|Text to speech||Yes, the PDF-files are compatible with text-to-speech software|
|Export formats||Reference software, RefWorks. Some titles in the records require editing to conform to APA style|
|How do I suggest a purchase||Students and staff: Please contact your faculty library.
Librarians: Se Förvärv av elektroniska resurser för mer info.
|Restrictions||Course Packs: Yes, you may incorporate parts of the licensed material in a coursepack, but before doing so you must read about the restrictions that apply: APA Policy on Course packs and Electronic Reserve.
Walk-in users: Users not affiliated with Lund University may be permitted access to PsycBOOKS, but only within the physical premises of Lund University Libraries.
|Interlibrary loan / Fjärrlån||Yes, librarians are allowed to fill ILL requests, but only with the restrictions outlined by APA.|
|Text and Data Mining (TDM) Policy|
|Miscellaneous||The database is updated monthly with new titles|